With the Parish Council approval at the AGM (1/4/2019) we are setting up a simplified Neighbourhood Watch for Bishampton using the NW ‘our watch’ system.
Ideally we would like every household to sign up!
Deputy scheme coordinators will shortly be knocking on doors to ask households to sign up.
It allows us to send one message out to everyone on our scheme via email.
The information will be used by your local Neighbourhood Watch Coordinator and deputies to administer this officially approved Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and to send you local Police alerts, awareness of scams, crime prevention messages and information and newsletters relevant to the work of Neighbourhood Watch and this scheme.
Please note that all the information you give, will be kept completely private and confidential on the approved NW ‘our watch’ system. This information is only so that we can keep a full contact list of all our scheme members to help send you updates.
Don’t have a computer or access to email??
If you do not have a computer do not worry your local deputy NW coordinator will use your phone number /s for registration to the official scheme – you will not receive email alerts however, we will aim to see to it that you receive important updates via text or through your door (when deemed necessary) by your neighbouring deputy.
Once you have been officially registered you will be issued with the latest NW sticker. This is a good deterrent. You can also confirm to your home insurance company that you are a member of an approved Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
Step – by – step guide to joining an existing scheme
1. on www.ourwatch.org.uk enter your postcode in the postcode search option. Click search.
2. Hold cursor over Bishampton and Throckmorton NW and then double click – a new page opens with our parish map.
3. Scroll to bottom of screen, hit apply to join local scheme.
4. Register your details online, click on join (please note this goes to the national scheme, you are not registering on a particular scheme) then after registering
5. You will be sent a verification email (check your email inbox)
6. Verify your email address. Once you click the link to verify email a new window will open then…..
In order to be added to a particular local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme you MUST do the following:
7. Navigate down the newly opened member page to the scheme admin area.
8. Search for Bishampton & Throckmorton NW drop down box on this page
9. Join this scheme as a member
10. Co-ordinator then receives an email requesting your approval to the scheme
Queries to email@example.com